Monday, June 29, 2015

Going Forward, Creative Blogging, Nominations

Hello all! Happy Monday morning!

It's been weeks since I posted regularly on my blog, which is all kinds of weird for me. I love blogging and have been religious about it for years. But life has gotten in the way a lot lately. I'm hoping now to return to a more regular schedule. So, a couple of things.

1) I've been nominated as a creative blogger (see below).

2) What I post on this blog may change a bit. In the past I've done a lot of weekday memes and blog hops and things. I won't be forsaking those all together, but I'll be doing fewer of them. The reason being is that I want to focus more on my own writing, rather than reading and blog hopping. 

3) For that same reason, I'll probably post less than I used to: only 2-3 times/week, rather than 5+. 

4) Other than that, I'll still be around a lot. Not going anywhere anytime soon. :D

5) I'm also still working on a whole new marketing plan for my books, and I'll share it and it's results as I go along, so I'm super excited to see how it works.

Creative Blogger:


I was nominated by Jeffrey Scott over at J.A. Scott (thanks Jeff! *waves*). If I am to accept the award, I need to follow a few rules. That's where this blog post comes in.

The rules:
1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3. Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify them.
4. Pass on the rules.


Facts about me:
1. I am a hybrid author (both traditional and indie) who writes across many genres, including scifi/fantasy, historical fiction, dystopian, and crime fiction.
2. I am unmarried, but live with my sister and four-year-old niece in Northern Utah. 
3. I come from a huge, tight-knit family. There are twelve of us kids, all from the same two parents. (Everyone take a deep breath! No passing out while reading my blog!)
4. I run a daycare during the week to pay the bills. I find that I have a LOT less motivation to write when I have to work a 9-5 job. Staying at home with a bunch of rugrats gives me (some) time to write during the day, but more importantly it doesn't kill my motivation to write during my spare time.
5. I am a The Walking Dead fanatic. Anyone who follows my blog for long already knows this. When the show is on (Oct-Nov, Feb-Mar) I do very in-depth analyses of each episode on my blog. I even have a fan account on Instagram and Tumblr. I've actually learned some marketing lessons from these accounts, which I'll be turning into blog posts soon. Stay tuned! :D

I nominate:
1. Alex J. Cavanaugh - If you want to know how to run a successful blog, go follow him!
2. The Geek Twins - Maurice and Nigel, always bringing fascinating scifi, pop culture tidbits I don't hear anywhere else. 
3. C.D. Gallant-King - An amazing author who shares great characters and excerpts on his blog!
4. Johnny Worthin - Another fantastic author with a sense of humor that just won't quit. Once you know Johnny, you won't forget him.
5. Lehua Parker - YA Author with a delightful series about a boy who might just be a shark, set in Hawaii.
6. Ann Marie Meyers - Delightful ME/YA author. Check out her book, Up in the Air.
7. The Brothers Washburn - I love their YA horror. It's just a truckload of fun to read!
8. Jo Ann Schneider - Another fabulous JFP author! Check out her latest book.

I'm supposed to do at least 10, but I'm gonna stop there. 

What blogger would YOU want to know more about?



8 comments :

  1. Thank you, Liesel! Nice of you to say that my blog is successful.
    I remember you mentioning your siblings before, but didn't know you ran a daycare. You must love kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daycare is actually a relatively new development. I just started it in January. I think more than anything, I'm just really comfortable around kids, even in large groups. Because I grew up with a large family, I can handle it. Not everyone can. I do have my days, though. :D

      Delete
  2. Didn't know you ran a daycare either, but yes, I do know you love the Walking Dead. I've heard you mention it at least once or twice since April ;)
    11 Sibling? I guess you got me beat. I only have 5 full siblings along with a half sister and step brother. So 7 total.
    Glad you appreciated the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven is still more than most, Jeffrey. So I'm sure you know all about the chaos of large families. Gotta love 'em. :D

      Delete
  3. Hey thanks Liesel! We try and keep it interesting. I almost passed out at the 12 kids but living in the Brady bunch has its perks I'm sure. Blog memes are super fun but I had to step back on them too unfortunately. A lot happens in 5 days and it's tough to squeeze it all in. Running your day care sounds like a great job for you and helps a lot of families I'm sure. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to fit everything in, and blogging 5 times a week is rough. Hope you like your new schedule. And you run a daycare. How fun! Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete