Thursday, June 11, 2015

Follow Friday: A Character's Shoes + Funny Friday

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



If you can step into one characters shoes (in a book) and be them for a day who would it be and why? Also if you want to be creative, what scene? - Suggested by Seeing Night Book Reviews


This question actually goes great with character week! 

Hmm. This is a really un-creative answer for me, but I think I'd have to go with Nynaeve al'Meara from The Wheel of Time. Favorite series. Favorite character. And I think I'd like to experience the most powerful female Channeler int he world. Just for one day, you know? 

If I had to pick a scene, there are plenty of battle scenes that are pretty dang cool, including when she catches Moghedien. But I always really liked the scene where she rides from one end of the continent to the other, gathering Lan's army for him. One of my favorite scenes, so I think I might want to step into that one. :D

What character/scene would YOU step into?



Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

(All pictures courtesy of my LOL Pinterest Board or my Geektastic Board.)


Supernatural/Tangled Mashup. Love it!

LOL.

The sad thing is that I had to watch this for like 30 seconds
before I noticed Vader. :D

Yeah pretty much!


Hope one of those gave you a laugh! Happy Friday, Everyone!


18 comments :

  1. Badass battle scenes! Can't argue with that, lol! Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/06/12/follow-and-feature-friday-6-what-character-would-you-like-to-be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Fight scenes are awesome! Especially if you're the character who wins! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah I guess it wouldn't be quite as great if you lost the fight. LOL. Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  3. First time I heard about the book..I imagine the were awesome.. and hilarious pics.. give me a good laugh on a friday! :)

    New GFC Follower..

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad! Thanks for following. I'll do the same Donita! :D

      Delete
  4. Interesting!
    http://www.thebookcove.com/2015/06/feature-and-follow-26-becoming-book_13.html
    Jessi, The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've heard of the book! I might check it out! Thanks!

    http://pipersbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/follow-feature-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Piper! Have a great week! :D

      Delete
  6. I always loved the Danny Dunn series of books because they were about a kid who had amazing science adventures and that's wonderful. The book "Invisible Kid" when he's driving the robot dragonfly (you'd have to read it to get it) is my favorite. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel old because Han Solo in that photo looks so old. But it is awesome! I can't wait for the movie.
    What character would I be? Without thinking too much about it, I'll go with Arthur Dent. So many cool happened to this guy and I don't think he really appreciated it. As for the scene, I'd have to go with the scene with him and Fenchurch when he teachers her how to fly by forgetting you are falling down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, either, Jeffrey. The end of the year can't come soon enough. :D I haven't read about Arthur Dent, but he sounds like a keeper. :D

      Delete
    2. Arthur Dent = Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy written by Douglas Adams.
      He's got five books in his 'trilogy'. Sadly, he died a few years back.

      Delete
    3. Ah gotcha! I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read Hitchhikers Guide. Lol. It's on my to do list, tho. 😉

      Delete
    4. It's a great series if you enjoy zany sci.fi.
      PS - Hope you don't mind, I nominated you as a creative blogger. Posted some details in my latest blog post.

      Delete
    5. Aw thanks! I'm flattered. My internet is down this week and I only get on a couple of times a day to surf, which is why I haven't posted at all this week. So I probably won't do the creative blogger post until next week. But look for it then. Thanks a ton! :D

      Delete