Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Movie Review: Blended

Source
Disclaimer: I watched Blended over a week ago and am just now getting around to the review, so it may be kind of vague. There's a reason I should write reviews right away. A week later, I don't remember what all of my initial thoughts/impressions were.

Plot: So Blended is the latest Drew Barrymore/Adam Sandler collaboration. It features a potential couple who (naturally) hate each other at first due to lack of communication and misunderstanding. Both have children from previous marriages, so if they go long term with their relationship, it will result in a blended family.

They conveniently end up on the same African vacation with all their kids, which means both they and their families will have a lot of time to spend together.

Drew Barrymore (Lauren), who has three boys and doesn't know how to deal with them heading into puberty, bonds with Jim's (Adam Sandler's) girls, who desperately need a mother figure. Meanwhile, Jim becomes the reliable father figure her children don't have. (Her ex is still in the picture and constantly disappointing his boys.)

Ending: I won't spoil, but it has a typical, feel good ending we've come to expect from most Sandler films. Nothing ground-breaking, but sweet and satisfying overall.

Overall: It's a really fun, entertaining, but ultimately fairly predictable Sandler/Barrymore story. I actually liked it more than I thought I would, just because I laughed a lot and thought the end was actually very touching. That said, don't expect anything groundbreaking. If you were a big fan of the Wedding Planner and 50 First Dates, you'll like it. There are plenty of puns and cameos from other Sandler films. If not, you may not be very entertained by this one either.

I liked it myself. 

Favorite line: Dad does little girl's makeup. She says he's a good daddy. Then she looks in the mirror, starts screaming and says, "He's a bad daddy. He made me look like the walking dead!!!" *LMAO* Poor kid.

Has anyone else seen Blended? What did you think of it?


2 comments :

  1. I think Sandler's last good film was also with Barrymore. The one about the Fifty First Dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my faves, too, Alex. This movie has a cameo from 5 Second Tom as a pun :D

      Delete