Saturday, April 13, 2013

A to Z Challenge: L is for Love

A TO Z CHALLENGE

Welcome to the A to Z Challenge! This is my first year participating. Basically, we post every day except Sunday, which in April means we'll finish on the 30th. We blog about something each day which starts with the corresponding letter of the alphabet. So, day 1=A, day 2=B, etc. Visit the A to Z blog for more details.

My theme is writing and related bookish things. A pretty vague theme, I'll admit, but as this is a writing/bookish blog, I thought I'd clarify. 

Today's letter: L 
L is for Love.

I promise this won't be a cheesy post. Let's face it: most stories are--at least somewhat--about love. It doesn't always have to be romantic love, either. Most stories do have at least one romantic love story line, but of course that's not required. Platonic love--whether between siblings, friends, kids, animals, etc.--is just as potent as romantic love.

When creating your stories, take a moment to think through all the love relationships in them, no matter what form they may take. Doing this will help you flesh them out and leave your readers more satisfied with whatever type of relationship you put forward.

What is your favorite love relationship that you've ever read about?


3 comments :

  1. I'm always a sucker for painful and unrequited love stories. Sophie's Choice is one of those bitter loves that will always stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to think about it... Not the part of the story that usually stick in my mind.

    ReplyDelete